La Copa Minnetonka
What is La Copa?
2020欧洲杯体育平台La Copa Minnetonka is a community gathering celebrating language, culture and community! Enjoy a soccer match, have fun, taste Spanish food and watch the flag parade of countries where Spanish is spoken. La Copa Minnetonka is a collaborative event with Tonka United, Minnetonka Public Schools and Minnesota United FC.
No charge to attend
2020欧洲杯体育平台This event is free to all.
This event is open to all Minnetonka families and children of all ages.
When and Where?
The 2019 event is Friday, May 3, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Minnetonka High School's Einer Anderson Field (football field and track)
- Tonka United U17 and U18 Premier Girls teams (with players from the Minnetonka High School State Championship team) will be coached by Minnesota United FC Celebrity Player Coaches.
- Minnetonka Skipper mascot & Minnesota United FC Loon mascot appearances
- Half-time features a 22-country flag parade (representing Spanish-speaking countries around the world) across the field.
- Latino Food Trucks (food for purchase) coordinated by Minnesota United FC: The Salsa Spot, Del Sur Empanadas, El Jibarito, CRAFT and Taco Taxi.
- La Picosa radio's Fredy Padilla will announce the game in both Spanish and English.
- Get in the spirit! Wear your favorite gear on Friday, May 3! Soccer jersey. Tonka United jersey. Minnesota United FC gear. Minnetonka clothing. Blue and white.
Celebrity Player Coaches*
- - Miguel is a MNUFC starting midfielder. He has been with the club since they were in Blaine and has also played for the U.S. Men's National Team several times.
- - Brent is from Woodbury and is a MNUFC defender. He has been with the club since they were in Blaine. We're excited to welcome back Brent -- this will be his second year at La Copa Minnetonka!
*Celebrity player coaches subject to change.