The Health Office is located on the first floor across from Student Support Services.
Students who become ill during the school day must report to the Health Office. Students reporting that they spent the period in the lavatory will not be given an excused absence. The Health Para will determine if the student should remain in school or go home. If it is determined that the student is too ill to remain in school, the health para will contact the parent/guardian or designated emergency contact person. Students must have an emergency number on file in the Health Office.
Reminder:2020欧洲杯体育平台 All medications (prescription and over the counter) must include a note from a physician and parental permission Students must leave and take all medications in the health office.
2020欧洲杯体育平台Our Health Services team collaborates with educational and support services within the school and the community to promote student health for student achievement. Licensed school nurses (LSN) and health paraprofessionals work together to meet students’ physical, social, and emotional health needs, in addition to promoting the health and safety of the entire school community.
2020欧洲杯体育平台Our school health offices are staffed each student day by a health services paraprofessional with licensed school nurse support in the building or on-call within the District.
- Provide routine and emergency first-aid care to students and staff with illnesses and injuries.
- Provide care to students with chronic medical conditions as delegated by the LSN.
- Maintain documentation of immunizations and other health issues as part of the student health records.
- Administer medications as delegated by the LSN.
- Assist with monitoring and providing information regarding communicable concerns.
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid trained.
Licensed School Nurses
- Together with the health paraprofessional, promote and maintain the health and well-being of all students.
- Delegate and supervise first-aid care, medication administration, and health procedures.
- Assess, plan and document for students with health issues.
- Provide and plan the direct services for chronically ill or medically fragile students needing health procedures.
- Plan and provide for vision, hearing and scoliosis screening and referrals.
- Provide health consultation and education to students, staff and families.
- Provide referrals to community resources.
- Coordinate prevention and control of communicable concerns.
- Are registered nurses with a baccalaureate degree and are licensed in public health and school nursing.
Our schools participate in the "No Shots, No School" program. All students are required to provide , or appropriate documentation exempting the student from such immunization, and such other data necessary to ensure that the student is free from any communicable diseases, as a condition of enrollment. If your child is missing any immunizations, please make an appointment with your healthcare provider to have all immunizations completed before school begins.
WHO NEEDS VACCINES, WHEN?
Children need shots for Kindergarten, with updates required in seventh grade. or consult your family doctor as additional boosters may be required.
2020欧洲杯体育平台We use CareDox to collect immunization and health information electronically, and save parents from the repetitive task of completing more forms. CareDox is a fully encrypted, cloud-based system that is fully FERPA and HIPAA compliant, meaning it takes special safeguards to in order to guarantee the security of sensitive student and family health data. CareDox is also an approved provider of immunization records management by the MN Department of Health.
SUBMIT IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
When it's time to provide or update your child’s immunization and emergency health records, you will receive an email from CareDox, our cloud-based records system, with a personalized link to complete your child’s record. Please make time to complete the request.
2020欧洲杯体育平台Minnetonka Public Schools is using CareDox to collect immunization and health information electronically, and save parents from the repetitive task of completing more forms. CareDox is a fully encrypted, cloud-based system that is fully FERPA (federal privacy law) and HIPPA (federal health information law) compliant, meaning it takes special safeguards to in order to guarantee the security of sensitive student and family health data.
CONVENIENCE FOR YOUR FAMILY
CareDox is also a portable immunization record. When you create an account, it is yours indefinitely. You can continue to access, update and use your child’s immunization record. When summer camps, child-care, and other activities request health information in the future, you can login to CareDox and create a PDF to share as you need to. And if you change schools, your CareDox remains accessible to you. It stores all of your child’s immunization records in one convenient location that you and your child will have access to through adulthood. We hope you find this system easy to use and a convenient resource for your family.
TO SAVE TIME, WE’VE PREPOPULATED SOME OF THE INFORMATION
When you login using the secure link from CareDox, you will see that we have pre-populated many fields with information you provided on your school registration forms. Please review it carefully to ensure all information is correct, if you find an error in the information, please update it.
CareDox interfaces with the Minnesota Immunization registry. If your child has received immunizations in Minnesota, your healthcare provider has likely registered those immunizations with the state registry. The dates and doses of those immunizations will be pre-populated in CareDox. Please double check to ensure your records match with all the records in CareDox, and add any immunizations that are incomplete.
ALERT US REGARDING OTHER HEALTH ISSUES
If your child has any allergies, medical conditions or individual healthcare plans, there is a place in CareDox to provide detailed information. You may even scan and upload a document or PDF to detailed information.
- Accident Incident Report
- Allergy (Severe) Anaphylaxis Action Plan
- Asthma Emergency Care Plan
- Diabetes Emergency Care Plan
- Medication Form - Early Childhood
- Medication Form - Elementary (K-5)
- Medication Form - Secondary (6-12)
- Medication Form - Over the Counter (K-12)
- Request for Excused Absence Form
- Seizure Action Plan
- Self-Administer Emergency Epinephrine (Physician & Parent)
- Self-Administer Emergency Epinephrine (Student)
- Self-Administer Inhaler (Physician & Parent)
- Self-Administer Inhaler (Student)